Full Time | FLSA Exempt | EEOC
Rosen Aviation is not an ordinary company. Convention and rule following may be advantageous in some environments, but we prefer the benefits of continual evolution and trust. Complying with detailed job descriptions may be comfortable, but we prefer that you decide how outcomes are achieved. In short, we seek colleagues who are devoted to accomplishment, and thrive in exercising their freedom to achieve them. You might be one of us if you:
- Prefer candor and debate over consensus and harmony
- Want to be rewarded for your accomplishments, not your actions
- Constantly seek new knowledge because of your enthusiastic curiosity
- Embrace accountability as an opportunity to shine
- Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
Founded in 2002, Rosen designs and manufactures a variety of products used in the cabins of business and commercial jets. Headquartered in beautiful Eugene, Oregon, we serve such recognizable industry titans as Gulfstream, Textron, Embraer, Dassault, and Bombardier.
This position is responsible for identifying and driving quality issues and improvements to closure in an ISO9001/AS9100 environment. The position regularly interfaces with suppliers, internal processes and customers. The position develops and analyzes quality metrics and coordinates resolution of quality issues both internally and externally with cross-functional team members. The ideal candidate must have deep practical experience in the use of quality tools, excellent attention to detail and the proven ability to lead quality improvement projects. Professionalism, strong communication skills, a pleasant demeanor and the ability to deal with a diverse group of colleagues and clients in person, on the phone, and through email are imperative to the position.
- Monitors internal and external metrics to identify quality issues
- Investigates and provides resolution to quality findings using the CAPA system
- Satisfies the needs and enquiries of internal and external customers related to quality issues
- Prevents quality issues by studying trends and establishing and enforcing standards of performance
- Tabulates and reports quality performance metrics to the organization
- Evaluates adequacy of root cause analysis and trains CAPA respondents when root cause is insufficient
- Identifies and understands quality related customer requirements and establishes methods of compliance
- Ensures that quality issues originating at suppliers are resolved
Required Qualifications and Critical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field
- 5 years of experience in quality field, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- In depth knowledge of quality engineering tools such as FMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis, SPC, Problem Solving Techniques, Mistake Proofing, Data Analysis, and Acceptance Sampling
- Ability to act as face-to-the-customer and supplier on quality related issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cross-functional team leadership and influence
- In-depth knowledge and audit experience in quality systems, specifically ISO9001 and AS9100
- A positive outlook, energetic disposition, willingness to accept change and a desire to continually improve
- FAA regulatory knowledge
- Technical knowledge of electromechanical assemblies and associated components (PCBA, harnesses, machined parts, metal coatings, adhesives, complex electronic devices, ICs, etc.)
- Circuit analysis and troubleshooting capability
- ASQ Certification
- Lean/6 Sigma Certification
In joining the Rosen team you’ll surround yourself with like-minded colleagues, and enjoy our many workplace benefits, such as:
- Profit sharing
- On-site exercise facility & healthy food program
- Full suite of medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Employer paid life, disability, and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company-matching benefit
- PTO accrual of up to 27 days, including holidays, starting at date of hire
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing just why you’d be the perfect candidate for this role and specifically what value you would bring to our organization and our culture. We would also like to hear a little about you, the person behind the application and what makes you unique and interesting.
We believe that our culture and team environment are integral to our success, which is why this position is on-site only. Remote work is reserved for emergency situations and special circumstances only.
Travel to visit partners, customers and/or suppliers is an essential function of this role. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine to ensure that you can meet the requirements of the role.
Rosen is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Must be legally able to work in the U.S., Rosen Aviation is not sponsoring work visas at this time.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Rosen Aviation is a place where everyone can grow. So, whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.