Senior Software Architect – Human Machine Interface
Fulltime – Exempt
Rosen Aviation is not an ordinary company. Convention and rule following may be advantageous in some environments, but we prefer the benefits of continual evolution and trust. Complying with detailed job descriptions may be comfortable, but we prefer that you decide how outcomes are achieved. In short, we seek colleagues who are devoted to accomplishment, and thrive in exercising their freedom to achieve them. You might be one of us if you:
- Prefer candor and debate over consensus and harmony
- Want to be rewarded for your accomplishments, not your actions
- Constantly seek new knowledge because of your enthusiastic curiosity
- Embrace accountability as an opportunity to shine
- Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
Founded in 2002, Rosen designs and manufactures a variety of products used in the cabins of business and commercial jets. Headquartered in beautiful Eugene, Oregon, we serve such recognizable industry titans as Gulfstream, Textron, Dassault, Embraer, and Bombardier.
Develops the cabin system software requirement specifications for a new aircraft and provides technical direction for overall software system architecture and the associated research projects which will be adapted into future products.
- Defines software architecture and human interface for an advanced cabin management system
- Develops roadmaps to evolve and update software for future intelligence and machine learning capabilities
- Drives collaboration among team members and sub-tier suppliers in working towards a shared vision
- Translates system functionality into specific software requirements
- Creates storyboards of all the use case scenarios
- Creates system block diagrams and functional block diagrams
- Works with hardware engineers to ensure hardware/software compatibility
Minimum Qualifications and Critical Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of human machine interface (HMI) software experience
- Intimate knowledge of smart home, IoT, and/or automotive systems
- Knowledge of PED interaction within home and/or automotive systems
- App development experience
- Knowledge of iOS, Linux, and Android architectures
- Engaged, inspired and effective communicator
- Expertise in UX and UI development
In joining the Rosen team, you will surround yourself with like-minded colleagues, and enjoy our many workplace benefits, such as:
- Profit sharing
- On-site exercise facility & healthy food program
- Full suite of medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Employer paid life, disability, and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company-matching benefit
- PTO accrual of up to 25 days, including holidays, starting at date of hire
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing just why you’d be the perfect candidate for this role and specifically what value you would bring to our organization and our culture. We would also like to hear a little about you, the person behind the application and what makes you unique and interesting.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Rosen Aviation is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Rosen is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.