Full time, Non-Exempt
Rosen Aviation is not an ordinary company. Convention and rule-following may be beneficial in some environments, but we like to prioritize outcomes over procedures. Compliance with a standardized job description may be comfortable, but we prefer that you determine how assigned outcomes are achieved. In short, we seek colleagues who are devoted to accomplishment, and thrive in exercising their freedom to achieve them. You might be one of us if you:
- Prefer candor and debate over consensus and harmony
- Want to be rewarded for your accomplishments, not your actions
- Constantly seek new knowledge because of your enthusiastic curiosity
- Embrace accountability as an opportunity to shine
- Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
Founded in 2002, Rosen designs and manufactures a variety of products used in the cabins of business and commercial jets. Headquartered in beautiful Eugene, Oregon, we serve such recognizable industry titans as Gulfstream, Textron, Embraer, and Bombardier.
Provides CNC programming and manufacturing expertise to support product design and realization. Writes and optimizes CNC programs to create complex parts on multi-axis machines.
- Utilizing 3D Solid Models from engineering, creates programs for CNC machines to produce parts for prototype and production as required.
- Monitors and adjusts CNC operations to ensure all parts produced are dimensionally correct.
- Creates setup and tooling packages for new production parts.
- Ensures design-for-manufacturability by critiquing prototype part drawings and machining events and developing user-friendly setup and machining processes.
- Supports all machinists with troubleshooting machine or process problems, tool selection, fixture issues, etc.
- Operates CNC or manual machines to produce parts meeting all drawing requirements.
- Monitor CNC parameters to ensure all parts produced are dimensionally correct.
- Maintain and clean CNC and manual machines, including under and inside machines.
- High school diploma
- Associate’s degree strongly preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience writing CNC programs in a machining environment
- 7 years CNC machinist experience and 3 years of set up experience
- Experience using Solidworks or equivalent 3D CAD program
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints
- Knowledge of proper use of hand tools, micrometers, calipers, gauges and indicators
- Thorough understanding of engineering drawings and 3D CAD models
- Ability to read and understand common CNC programming languages
- Ability to perform setups on CNC machines, lathes, and/or mills including selection of tooling and fixtures
Physical, Ergonomic and Environmental Considerations
- Primarily works in a factory environment with constant exposure to noise, chemicals and machinery
- Constantly operates and positions self to maintain and clean CNC and manual machines, including under and inside the machines
- Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous chemicals
- Frequently moves materials and parts weighing up to 75 pounds across machine shop floor
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
In joining the Rosen team you’ll surround yourself with like-minded colleagues, and enjoy our many workplace benefits, such as:
- Profit sharing
- On-site exercise facility & healthy food program
- Full suite of medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Employer paid life, disability, and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company-matching benefit
- PTO accrual of up to 25 days, including holidays, starting at date of hire